On Monday, Networking Phoenix held their 10th Signature Event at The Talking Stick Resort. One of our favorite charities, The Girls Rule Foundation was there to raise awareness of their very important mission - to help girls create bright futures. One of the co-founders of this amazing charity is Dena Patton, life coach extraordinaire and founder of Chat, Chew and Chocolate. We were there to document the attendees of the event - women who were proud to make the pronouncement that all young girls need to hear; that they are all "Brilliant, Beautiful & Bold". Check out Girls Rule!
Wow, here's some pretty scary stats taken from their website:
Stats That Hurt:
- Arizona has A 32% high school dropout rate
- Only 56% of girls like their self-image
- 60% of girls 14-17 are on 'diets'
- 1 in 17 Arizona teens are in gangs
- Arizona's teen birth rate is the nation's third worse
- 60% of students who have a child don't graduate
- Research shows that a girl's confidence and self-esteem start to decline during her early adolescence
"Helping Girls Create Bright Futures"
Girls Rule is an organization that provides educational programs that empower and inspire girls in four main areas: how to find happiness within when the world says the opposite, how to be accountable for their own greatness to make wise choices, how to build their self-esteem instead of depending on boys, drugs or peers, and how to become their most brilliant self by learning mapping skills that will powerfully build a step-by-step plan for their future.